Etsy shop and a couple of sales

It’s 5:30 in the evening and I’m finally sitting down to write a bit. Today has been quite a busy day for me and I’m glad things are starting to wind down and calm down. This has been a fairly good day, but I am freakin’ exhausted from all the excitement.

The day started off with me sleeping in past 8:00 AM, which I never do. I’m usually up and out of bed by 6:30 every morning, but I guess I really needed the sleep. I woke up with a coughing fit around 3:00 AM (which happens a lot when I get too warm in the middle of the night, I’ll never know why), so I grabbed my soft blanket and crashed out on the couch as I generally do when I have those fits. It works for me to move to a cooler environment to finish out my sleeping. My alarm woke me up and I snoozed and rolled over. I started realizing it was going off several times and I wasn’t getting up. Finally the buzzing annoyed me so much that I just shut it off completely. I was only going to snooze a little while longer, right? When I finally did get up, I realized I had an appointment with my doctor (over Zoom) at 9:00 and I had to check in at least five minutes early. My head was absolutely pounding and my uterus was cramping like you would not believe. I got up anyway and sluggishly went about my morning. I quickly made coffee and got dressed, and with coffee in hand I mentally prepared myself for my appointment as best I could.

My appointment went well, aside from some hiccups with audio on my end. My doctor doesn’t have an official diagnosis for me yet, but she is fairly certain it isn’t Borderline Personality Disorder anymore. That’s fine with me. I was really hoping that she would have a more solidified diagnosis for me today, but it’s ok with me at the same time. She’s thinking along the lines of Schizoaffective Disorder, probably Bipolar Type. Which is also fine with me. I’m seeing her again in a month. I look forward to talking with her again. She agrees with me staying up on the higher dose of Abilify, which is good, too.

After my husband went to work, I did a few chores around the house. I wanted to work on my Etsy shop, but I was also stalling hard on doing it. I had so much nervous energy and excitement about opening my shop that I was avoiding working on it for a little while. I needed to build up to it, so to speak. So I did some tidying up here and there, and went for a walk until I finally just made myself do the very first step. I still needed to measure and weigh my pieces, and then insert the measurements into the photos that my husband so lovingly took for me. He’s a great photographer, and I’m proud of him. So I figured out inserting the measurements into the pictures, which took about an hour in itself to complete because I had no idea what the hell I was doing. After doing that I took a short break and walked away from my computer for a little while.

I then tried tackling the beast itself – opening my shop. To make a long story short, I worked on everything for my shop for about four and a half hours today (so far). It was overwhelming figuring everything out, and your shop went live immediately when I completed the set up process. It was a bit intimidating, but I have the basics figured out so far. I still have a lot of work to do, but I’m getting it done a little more slowly now that I have the foundations finished. I listed eleven items, all necklaces, each one unique and one of a kind. The first listing took the longest to complete because everything was so new and needed close attention to details. I ran into a few issues here and there, but in the end they worked out. Overall I am very excited. I’ve made two sales already and I’m shocked, excited, and feeling loved. One is going to my cousin, and another is going to a dear friend of mine. I’m amazed that anyone wanted to buy these, honestly, because my brain piles on the self-doubt so heavily. If you’d like to check out my shop, click here: there is only one of each item, because the specific colors and patters cannot be fully replicated.

One of my necklaces, photo taken by my husband

A few people have already asked me if I’m making more coaster sets, because they’d like to buy some of those. I don’t have any matching sets made right now, so it looks like I’ll need to get to work! I have a very mismatched set right now, but no pictures yet. Perhaps I’ll make a set tonight before my husband comes home from work. He will be off in a little under two hours, so I definitely have the time for some resin art – if I have the energy for it! Starting my shop and making two sales already got my heart pumping and my jittery anxiety going, but not in a bad way. Still, though, I am exhausted.

Aside from all that excitement today, I worked on a couple of my blog pages and that was good. I updated my About Me and my Contact pages, which I’ve been meaning to do for a while now. It is nice having those pages more complete.

I hope you all have had a good day. I’m pretty sure I’m going to pass the heck out a little later and sleep well tonight. Now that my anxiety has gone down for the most part, I’m feeling quite tired and out of it.

Stay insane, friends


4 thoughts on “Etsy shop and a couple of sales

  1. Good morning! It’s interesting – I once had a BPD diagnosis that the professionals said I “grew out of”, but it was actually through a lot of therapy that I did. And I still question the validity of that dx because many women who are autistic are incorrectly diagnosed with BPD. I hope you get your answer soon.

    I just love your art and ordered a necklace just now. 🙂

    I’m glad your anxiety went down a bit. Anxiety sucks. xoxo

    Liked by 1 person

    1. Morning! I think you’re right, and I have done a lot of therapy and work on myself, which may have helped with the BPD. And thank you! I’m sure she just wants to consider everything before diagnosing 🙂

      Oh thank you so very much!! That’s a good choice, I love that pendant!! Feeling the love 🥰

      Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s